5.02.2013

still waiting for summer

I'm pretty sure that this time last year we were playing in the (outdoor) pool. In fact, I'm sure this time last year we were in the pool because I have evidence here. I know I'm going to forget all this when we're on day 100 of 100+ degrees this summer, but today was FREEZING. Seriously. It's 50 degrees right now, and there's supposed to be a record low of 42 tonight. It hasn't been that cold since December. I think.

However, this weather hasn't stopped us from remembering that summer is right around the corner--and technically should have been here by now--so yesterday was the first day of swim lessons at the Y. I made Catcher and Scout pose for pictures in their swim gear. I'm that annoying mom. Despite the look on Scout's face, she couldn't have been more excited to jump in the pool. I predict I'm going to have to stand in the pool and catch her at least 1,000 times this summer. All she wants to do is jump.



No comments:

Post a Comment