5.27.2013

birthday donuts


To make a long story short (before I even start the story) Alex got home in time for his birthday. Yesterday was his birthday, and he was supposed to get home today. When we found out he would be here to celebrate the big 3-7, the kids decided that Alex would want donuts for breakfast on his birthday. I'm pretty sure this was because the kids wanted donuts for breakfast on Alex's birthday, but it only happens once a year...why not?

Catcher was the first one up that morning and tapped me on the shoulder at 6:21am. He was a little disappointed because he thought that we should have gone out "early" at 6:00am to "really surprise Dad" with donuts, but I assured him 6:21 was early enough on a Sunday morning in Austin. I managed to sneak out of the house with the loud ones and keep them occupied until almost 7:30, but the allure (and smell) of fresh donuts would eventually drive them to the brink of insanity. I went upstairs to wake Alex and told him the kids had a surprise downstairs. Catcher was the first to get his hands on the donut plate: 


Scout somehow managed to eat one donut and half of another before I even put the camera away. After the sugar rush, we retreated to the king bed upstairs for some friendly pillow fights. Dads and kids love pillow fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment