4.11.2013

five minute face


I love beauty products. In my current role as mother to three, however, I have little time for them. I've gone through periods in my life where I've done the whole primer-foundation-powder-concealer-eyeliner-eyeshadow (in three coordinating shades) blush-lip pencil (lip pencil...yikes!) lip color-bronzer routine, but that time is not now. I also love the lotions and potions--there's not a cream or exfoliator or peel that I wouldn't try. But like I said, that's the not place where I am in my life right now.

Aside from nighttime moisturizer and eye cream (and sunscreen, of course, for my fair skin) I've pretty much narrowed my arsenal of products down to these three everyday essentials: tinted moisturizer, concealer, mascara. When I'm feeling wild and have a couple extra seconds on my hand, I'll toss in blush and lip gloss, but I pretty much stick to the basic three (eyelash curler implied in the basic three, by the way). 

The other day I was wondering how long it takes me to complete this little regimen in the morning, so I timed myself. I thought I would come in under five minutes for sure, but it looks like I over-estimated my efficiency. Note: while timing myself I did have to stop once to prepare a toothbrush for a toddler (but hey, that's everyday life) and I had another curious little monkey clinging to my legs the whole time. Also, it should be noted that I did include blush and lip gloss application in this trial run.

These are the products that I use to make myself presentable while dropping the kids off at preschool (haha):

1. Chantecaille Just Skin tinted moisturizer
2. YSL Touche Eclat concealer
4. Nars Orgasm blush
5. Chantecaille Luminous Gloss lip gloss (*there's no allegiance to the lip gloss; this a product that changes depending on mood/season/latest color obsession)

No comments:

Post a Comment