4.08.2013

a case of the mondays



Mondays are my grocery days. It started because the Central Market has a deal on organic milk on Mondays (how dorky does that sound?) but it's actually worked out quite nicely for us. I drop Catcher off at school and then head over with the girls. There are plenty of fruit samples to keep them quiet (mostly quiet) in the cart, and the store is never busy at 9:30am on a Monday. It's just me and the moms who aren't at the gym with their kids...and a couple of old guys. I always feel a little strange buying wine at that hour, but a girl has to be prepared for the week ahead. Side note: the friendly checkout lady actually carded me this morning. I was flattered.

The other benefit of going to the grocery store on Monday is that I have fresh flowers in the house for a week. I've actually kept up with this fresh flowers in the house thing since I started it, and the kids have fun choosing which bundle to bring home. Scout was in charge today--she wanted pink (surprise!). Honestly, though, it does brighten up the house enough to ward off anyone's case of the Mondays.


I included this picture because it was funny when I discovered Tillie eyeballing my arrangement from the kitchen. I'm not sure she approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment