1.06.2011

take a seat

Horchow

The first major purchase Alex and I made when we bought our house was a sofa (not the one pictured above--my friend sent me this image knowing I would like it). It was a good decision. Prior to that we sat on an air mattress that my brother and his wife brought down when they visited us for the first time. And prior to that we sat on the cheap plastic chairs that we found in our sketch storage shed when we bought the place. It's a shame I didn't start this blog in 2005 to chronicle our lives in this house so far--from the "Internet cafe" to the drafting-table-as-TV-stand. Although I don't have pictures to show, perhaps I'll relay those stories someday.

Anyway, back to the sofa. I've been thinking that the first major purchase when we find our new house should be a new sofa, right? There's nothing wrong with our current sofa, but looking at this blue beauty has me thinking...

Design Within Reach

Anthropologie
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams

Crate&Barrel

No comments:

Post a Comment