1.12.2011

a cave fit for a man

For the past several months, I've been consulting my brother over the phone as he turns his formerly wide open, blank basement into the ultimate man cave. Although most of the ideas have been his, he asks for my opinion on the really important things like, "Should I paint the wall of the theater room a really dark blue that's almost black or a really dark purple that's almost black?" In this photo you see him showing off his handiwork to Alex as he points to the space where something--I lost interest but he was probably talking about one of the six televisions designated for the basement--is going to go. Or maybe he's explaining the wiring for the surround sound.

I don't really remember the conversation as the guys walked through the basement pointing to things and reassuring one another how great their ideas were, but it may have gone something like this:

Alex: So what if you put a kegerator right here?
Jay: Yep. Yep. I see what you're saying.

Alex: Nice TV, bro. Did you mount that yourself.
Jay: Uh-huh. It was easy. I still have to hide some of the wires, but whatever.

Jay: See, the ceiling isn't that high. I can almost touch it with my finger.
Alex: Hmmmm. Interesting. Can you touch that light?

Alex: So what's this ledge for?
Jay: The other night I put my beer right here.

Alex: I really don't think you should be wearing flip-flops while you're working in the basement.
Jay: No, it's cool man. See all these tools? I don't really do anything with them.

Alex: Let's be serious. I see that case of Bud Light. When do we start drinking?
Jay: Wait. You have to read this and see what a deal I got on the TV first.

No comments:

Post a Comment