1.17.2011

boys and their toys

Saturday morning I woke up and heard "I want to see the backhoe! Mommy, I want to see the backhoe!" Catcher had heard a beeping noise from his bedroom and knew there was some sort of "man" work going on outside that he just had to witness. Considering a backhoe had been parked on our street for the better half of two weeks, he was pretty accurate in his assumption that this backhoe was up to something that morning. From his room he ran straight to the dining room window only stopping to say "I can't not see it. Move the curtain please." (He did say please. He's very polite).
























































There's a giant hole in the street directly across from our house. I'm thankful that there weren't exploding pipes in our front yard so we didn't have to pay for this in any way, and I'm thankful that our house is temporarily off the market. I'm not confident that the black mulch--for curb appeal, remember--would counteract the eyesore of the construction vehicles inhabiting our street.





























I left the little guy unattended for a few minutes to change Scout, and I came back into the living room to find him standing on the back of the sofa peering out the window for a bird's eye view of the action. Boys are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment