1.25.2011

stripes are in

When I was in high school this very cute older boy commented on my shirt saying, "stripes are in this fall," and that line has become a running joke in my head ever since--it's kind of like an inside joke where I'm the only one on the inside. But the truth is (when speaking of fashion) stripes are in this spring. Actually, this is about the third season in a row that stripes have been in, and yesterday's stripes theme kind of got me on a kick. So here are more stripes...and there will probably be more before the week is over...

This is one of my favorite kitchens ever from Domino magazine. It's a favorite because of its simplicity and contrasting color palette. The fact that it is the exact shape (and I would wager to say size) of my own kitchen is another reason I fell in love. The stripes on the floor give the illusion of a wider space in this little galley kitchen...why didn't I think of that?

Love the diagonal; love the coral and turquoise. Love! Image from Material Girls.

The decor in this room (from House Beautiful) is a little country for my style, but I like the juxtaposition of the white cowhide and black and white striped floor. Plus, the stairs look pretty cool.

I'm beginning to see a theme here: robin's egg blue (or turquoise) is a go-to compliment for black and white stripes. Image from decor pad.

Of course Jonathan Adler would do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment