1.02.2011

in the dark

Bourgie table lamp, YLighting

Today was day #3 of New Year's vacation for the kids (i.e. the third day in a row that I was left alone with the kids...all day) so I let down my guard a little bit and let Catcher throw his mini football around the living room while I was watching real football on Alex's big TV. Tonight I have a broken table lamp.

It's not that I even care about the lamp so much; I'm just bothered by the fact that our living room is pretty (which means very) dark, and we need all the lighting we can get to make this house more appealing to buyers, as it were. Thus, I'm given the task of finding a replacement lamp that serves its purpose here but will also translate to the new house, whatever that may be. My thoughts are kind of all over the place on this one, making me think I'm putting way too much thought into a simple table lamp. But is it that simple? Do I go mid-century in the hopes that we'll find an amazing redo and the lamp will fit right in? Do I go West Elm to save a few bucks (in that case, I might as well go Ikea and not be afraid to toss the thing once we find a new home). Do I choose lighting efficiency over style? Who knew table lamps could be so expensive, by the way?

Isis table lamp, YLighting

Fluted-glass table lamp, West Elm

Kulla table lamp, Ikea

Cooled globes table lamp,  Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment