7.21.2014

summer vacation starts here



In three days Alex and I will begin the end of our summer vacation when we travel to Sonoma, CA alone...without the children. Alex will be working most of the time, but my sister is meeting us out there so I'll have a companion to share in some good old-fashioned wine tasting fun. Which leads me to today and why today is actually the beginning of the end of my summer vacation: 1) Alex returned from his weekend trip (he was working, not playing) from Denver this morning 2) I went to the Target and bought sunscreen and a new book for Sonoma and 3) Alex entertained the little ones in the pool this afternoon. I was off the hook and picturing myself halfway to California.

And, in case you're wondering, Sonoma is also the end of our summer vacation because the day we return is the day we set off on our 20-hour journey back to the great state of Texas for the remainder of the hot, hot summer. Forgive me if my mind is in vacation mode until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment