5.31.2014

summer splash


...and just like that it's summer in Austin. We're approaching our last week of school, and I told the kids our first week of summer break would be filled with mornings at the YMCA (so I can get my workout on) and afternoons at splash pads, museums, parks and pools. I'm calling it "Mom Camp" (tentatively...I haven't worked out all the details on the official name, and the kids haven't paid me yet, so...).

In preparation for keeping the littles happy--and exhausted--for an entire week, I thought I would get the ball rolling with a visit today at our nearby splash pad in Bailey Park. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't crazy crowded even on Saturday. That gives me hope that this nutty idea of mine to entertain the kids during a week of sweltering Texas afternoons might work out after all.  




No comments:

Post a Comment