5.07.2014

kinder dinos


I think we can all agree that kindergarten rocks. Last night Catcher and his classmates treated us to the famed Lee Elementary Kindergarten Dinosaur Program. It was totally cute and lasted a total of fifteen minutes, so it was a win-win situation for all parties involved--performers, teachers, parents, toddlers watching with their parents...

Apparently the school has been performing the exact same show for more than 20 years, so by the time Tillie makes it to the end of her kindergarten year, I will have seen the show six years in a row (six because I saw it last year during kinder round-up for Catcher plus this year plus next year for Scout's round-up...and so on. At least it's only fifteen minutes. I think some of the scenery--blow-up dinosaurs, for example--could use an update, but I have to admit that the songs are pretty catchy (ask me again in six years). The finale with the rockstar dinosaurs; however, was the highlight of the night. And I'm not just saying that as a parent with a child featured in the finale with the rockstar dinosaurs...does that guy showing us the back of his inflatable guitar look familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment