3.25.2014

lovely day for a picnic


Our belated spring in Austin has created an air of autumn-ness (of the East Coast variety) this month. Today I was feeling the fever (of the spring variety) so I surprised the girls with a picnic after picking up Scout from school. Preparing for my planned surprise this morning, I hastily made peanut butter sandwiches, grabbed two leftover juice boxes and fruit leathers from our soccer snack duties this weekend, and tossed them in a bag. (I had to be very stealth to prepare the provisions before the girls came marching into the kitchen demanding answers for my clinking around.)

The picnic was a hit. Scout declared it "the best picnic ever" because I brought soccer snacks to the party. I'm not sure how high her standards are, but it's always nice to get a compliment from one of the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment