2.24.2014

blowing in the wind


I wasn't supposed to be at soccer practice today. Catcher was going with a friend because the girls and I were supposed to be at the airport picking up Alex after his long journey home from Sochi. After traveling for almost 24 hours he made it to Houston, but because of a delay in his flight out of Frankfurt, Germany, he missed his connection to Austin. I was purposely vague on delay details with the kids since telling them Dad wouldn't be home tonight--at least not before they went to bed--would have sent everyone into a tailspin. Thank goodness soccer practice wore Catcher out, and the girls wore themselves out by chasing each other around the playground and picking dandelions on the soccer field. Everyone is sound asleep now as I'm about to pour myself a glass of wine and wait for Alex's cab to pull up in front of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment