9.24.2012

my project fund



I love a good closet clean-out--especially when it means money in my pocket. Now that I'm not pregnant for the first time in five years, I felt it was time to get rid of the things in my closet that fit not-quite-right because I bought them as "maternity wear" or else on the rebound after having one of the three. I have dresses worn once (see above) because I "hated" everything in my closet and legging jeans worn a thousand times that I can no longer stomach.

So that's how I came up with my next big idea, which is using eBay to fund my home design projects. It's no secret that I'm a fan of eBay--as both a seller and a buyer--so why not use it as a means to buy more stuff (wink!). But seriously, I won a vintage bar cart for $171 on eBay last week and sold five things out of my closet for $253. I spent the remaining $80 from my project fund at the Home Depot today buying painting supplies, etc. for a few of the things I have in the hopper...you'll have to check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment