1.20.2012

the waiting game


Sunday, February 12th 2012 has been on my mind since I found out I was pregnant way back in June of 2011. Although the countdown is still in the double-digits, I've packed my bag and set up the bassinet and brought out all the receiving blankets (I still don't get what those are) and newborn onesies and hats and booties. We still don't have a name, but I'm an "I have to see what she looks like" kind of person anyway. So now we wait. Actually, there are a couple other projects I want to finish up (could it be nesting?) before the arrival, but other than that I'm just waiting. Oh, and I'm also hoping that the birth cooperates with Alex's travel schedule. While he's made the proper arrangements surrounding the due date, you can't control nature. The funny thing about a due date is that the number is burned in your brain, but there's nothing like the birth of a baby to remind us that we're not masters of the universe. With Catcher my labor was exactly by-the-book, and he arrived promptly on his due date. With Scout on the other hand...Well, we all know what happened when she came barreling into this world 10 days early. What will this one do?

No comments:

Post a Comment