1.23.2012

three and under



There you have it: the back of our Explorer with three car seats installed. We have an "optional" third row, but after careful consideration and some real life testing, I decided it was best to keep all the kids lined up in a row behind me. Otherwise there would be no room for a stroller or groceries or anything else one might need to haul on a daily basis (especially with three kids). And would Catcher really listen to me when I tell him to get in the back row and buckle himself in? Although he tends to be a safety guy, there's always the possibility that the three year-old inside will break free and have total reign of the third row...unrestrained.

It doesn't occur to me how crazy I might be until strangers say things like "Wow. Three kids three and under. You're going to be busy." Some people say that the number of kids you have increases exponentially with each one, so two is like four. Would that make three like nine? Others say that three is where things get crazy because your defensive strategy is no longer man to man (thanks for the analogy, Alex).

But then I know people with three--or more than three--who hold it all together somehow. They're the ones that say three is really no different than two, so I'm adopting their (positive) carefree attitude. It's all a guessing game anyway, right? Or am I just crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment