1.09.2012

mall rats


This afternoon--a hazy, drizzly day in Austin--I ventured to the mall with two kids for a little afternoon recreation. At the Gap, Catcher picked out this pair of sunglasses for Scout and turned to me and said, "Look at how cute Scout is" after he put them on her. Our little stylist...


At Nordstrom he put the finishing touches on a couple manequins in the children's department and asked me "Why are all the girls the same?"


The highlight of the afternoon: balloons! Thank you, Nordstrom, for creating a diversion while I did a little speed shopping for the new baby and keeping us entertained at home until dinner time.

Driving to the mall I had questioned my own sanity about taking these two, but the trip turned out to be fun. All the holiday hustle and bustle has died down, so the place was pretty much deserted. Not having an agenda or tight schedule helped keep the anxiety at bay, and I had two packs of fruit snacks in my bag for potential "emergency" situations (which I surprisingly didn't need). The samples from the pretzel place helped a little, too.

Tomorrow's forecast is calling for rain. Where's the next mall?

No comments:

Post a Comment