1.02.2012

back to life, back to reality


One strange thing about being a stay-at-home mom is that when the holidays are over, and January 2nd strikes on the calendar, everyone else is back at work but you're still at home. Although a small part of me felt like I should be doing something revolutionary today to get 2012 rolling, I'm not one to make resolutions or revelations or restitutions for the new year. I don't have a list of all the things I will do or want to do or should do this year, so instead of planning ahead, I focused on my true task today of getting everyone back on track. With no more cookies to bake or gingerbread houses to decorate or lights to hang or red velvet hot cocoas to drink, I found myself wondering what it is that we do all day. [Note to self: if January 2nd falls on a Monday and is a quasi-holiday for the working world, don't take your kids to the children's museum.]

I eventually remembered how to keep the kids entertained (thank goodness!). Following a day back in the swing of our regular routine, tonight we officially bid adieu to the holidays. Catcher asked when it will be the holidays again as Scout was wrapping Christmas lights around her neck and I put baby Jesus back into his little box. That's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment