11.16.2011

what took so long?

The headboard project is complete, and the only thing I have to say is: what took so long [to get started]? After hanging wallpaper, something as simple as lining up two pieces of fabric shouldn't have been intimidating in the least, but I didn't realize how easy the headboard would be. I'll post pictures of the big ta-da, but not until after I find a new duvet because what we have right now isn't working for me. There's so much going on with the Josef Frank pattern that I need to find a simple, white duvet that won't compete with the bold fabric. Our total cost, by the way, was under $100. The bulk of the project was the $64 that I spent on the fabric on eBay. The batting was $16 at Michael's and the plywood was $12 at the Home Depot. Considering the fabric itself retails for $250/yard, I think we did pretty well. Now I get to move on to the fun part--finding a new duvet. Here two of the best (as in simple yet good quality) that I've found:

PB Essential Duvet Cover and Sham, Pottery Barn

Classic White Bed Linens, Crate&Barrel

Below is one last look at my inspiration for the project, originally published in Metropolitan Home. I won't post this picture beside my own "after" since our headboard is about 1/3 the height of this one and not as dramatic, but I like to keep it on hand for reference.

Roseland Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment