11.07.2011

the most wonderful time of the year


Switching from daylight saving time back to standard time is a bit of a hoax for those of us with young children. That "extra hour of sleep" is a complete farce. The only extra hour you get is entertaining the kids when they wake up at 5:30am. However, having the sun set an hour earlier reminds me that we're in the throws of the holiday season. And who doesn't love a good holiday season? These are the indicators that Christmas is right around the corner: today I saw my first Starbucks holiday cup and my first Christmas commercial; the Central Market is decorated in wreaths and garland and the Target is stocked with red and green M&M's. I feel like I hardly had time to enjoy the pumpkin spice latte before it's time to move on to gingerbread, but 'tis the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment