11.22.2011

top chef

Stop me if you've heard this one before: I can't get my kids to eat their vegetables. If they're hidden in a chicken pot pie or presented in the form of sweet potato tater tots, I can usually get away with it, but put a pile of good old-fashioned vegetables on a plate and the coup begins. Last week Scout threw such a fit that she made herself throw-up after I "hid" peas in her macaroni and cheese. I tried the Jessica Seinfeld thing of pureeing vegetables and mixing them into a baked pasta dish, and it works 3 out of 5 times, but today I resorted to the age-old art of bribing with Catcher: "You can't have a cookie unless you eat your veggies for lunch."

He obliged and raised the stakes when he presented his own creation--grilled peanut butter and jelly with veggies on the inside. If you don't believe me, here's proof:


What's more surprising is that he actually ate the entire sandwich (crust included!) and said it was yummy in his tummy! Anything for a cookie, I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment