11.17.2011

out of the box

After finishing the headboard last night and feeling extremely accomplished, today I decided to finally open the box containing my Roche Bobois eBay purchase from a year ago. Now that I've caught this project bug, I'm ready to move on to my next victim. Standing by to help was my [second] assistant Catcher.

After dragging the box out of the closet and opening it, we had to assemble the actual chair (*note: assembly still incomplete). In our first attempt we had the actual seat and the seat back in the wrong places, but we quickly figured it out. Once we had the seat together we had to figure out how it attaches to the base. It was backwards on the first attempt, but we weren't actually screwing it into place, so no stress. Then I dragged out my Chaing Mai fabric to see if it would cover the chair, and I'm no upholstery expert (despite my recent headboard success) but I think there's enough to cover it (yay!). I won't attempt the recovering myself since my skills are limited to a staple gun, so I'll have to find a good source here in Austin.

In the meantime, here's a look at how the assembly went down (these pictures may be out of order because I'm blogging from my phone, but you get the idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment