11.15.2011

candy of the day


If you ever find yourself pregnant during the holidays, as I seem to do every other year, I advise you not to visit the holiday candy aisle at the Target. While I should have been concentrating on toilet paper, diapers and deodorant I became distracted by the rows of Skittles, M&M's (did you know they make a cinnamon variety?), Reese's and Mike & Ike's all dressed up in shades of green and red. Although Catcher was there to remind me that candy was not on the list, I couldn't resist an old holiday favorite--Brach's Christmas Nougats. I realize the candy is totally grandma and not considered edible by some, but I'm the girl who loves candy corn and Peeps and once ate five pounds of gummy bears in less than a week (gross, but true). I've rarely met a candy I don't like, and today I walked away with three bags of delicious holiday goodness that probably won't last until Thanksgiving. 'Tis the season to be merry, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment