7.08.2010

dream home #2

Photos from carolinahome.com

Although this house does not top my list of dream homes, I literally dreamt about it the other night. I first discovered it when I was on my mid-century kick and determined to find a decent/affordable one for us in Charlotte. At the time, the house was under a conditional contract and I sent my husband out for some recon work to see if it was even worth my time daydreaming. He came back with the report that "it needs a lot of work." At that point I pretty much brushed it aside and focused on the box house, but now the contract that was on it has fallen through...and why was I dreaming about it? Here's a peek inside:



I've always been a believer in having a property "speak to me" (not speak to me in the sense that I fall for all that aura of the house or spiritual stuff, but speaking to me because I believe I see something that others do not). Although I have not seen this house in person, there is something about it that speaks to me. Perhaps it's all the windows and exposed beams that I find so appealing...



I'm also fond of the apparent openness of the space. Some of the details are less than desirable--is that wood paneling I see--but I'm curious enough to check out the space in person (just to make sure I haven't made up my mind before looking at more than one house on the market).


I'm not in love with this kitchen situation, but part of me likes the idea of having a house that needs a little bit of work where you can inject your own personality into it. Perhaps it's because I've never lived in anything close to resembling new construction (like the box house) that the "fixer-upper" is somewhat appealing to me. Of course, dreaming about remodeling and actually doing it are two completely different things. Let's see how I feel if and when I see the house in person and not just in my dream where anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment