7.13.2010

my greatest embarrassment


I can't believe I'm actually posting this online for all the world to see. Welcome to the thing of which I'm most embarrassed: my closet. I know--it's hideous. It's tiny; it's cramped; it's shameful. The clothes inside are worth more than my husband's car, and yet I'm treating them with such disrespect. You would think that living in New York City for almost seven years would have taught me a thing or two about handling relatively no closet space, but I never learned. The ironic thing is that through my job, I've helped others arrange and sort and organize their closets--telling them what to keep, sell or donate--but I can't do it for myself. Help!

Perhaps this is the reason the house hasn't sold? There isn't a speck of dust on any floor or baseboard or even under the bed, but open my Pandora's box of a closet, and all the evils of the house spill forth. I hope to post an "after" picture as my nesting kicks into high gear and I get this mess under control, but I (honestly) would rather concentrate my efforts on painting or organizing the kitchen cabinets and just keep the closet door closed.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/15/2010

    picture walls are the best; unless you decide to use rubber cement on 10 ft ceilings. eek.

    ReplyDelete