7.30.2010

33,096 to go

Fijian beach: image from Toto Tours

There's something about having a new baby in the house that makes you want to get away on a (dare I use this word) romantic vacation with your spouse. My husband spent the last year traveling approximately five days a week and has racked up the miles. He hasn't quite reached George Clooney's Up in the Air status, but he does have 126,094 to play around with, so I've been daydreaming about the South Pacific. Fiji sounds perfect to me: we only need about 33,000 miles to get there.

Although we have enough miles to get to Europe, which was our initial goal since my husband has never been there, I've since adopted the attitude that on my next vacation I want to be on vacation. I don't want to mess around with maps and public transportation and figuring out where to find a decent cup of coffee. I want to eat, sleep, drink, read and do little else. We'll save the European trip for several years when the kids are older and we can show them a bunch of important churches and museums. But for now the two of us will enjoy a quiet time out.

One of the places in Fiji I've been stalking is Navutu Stars (images below), which is a boutique resort on an archipelago 60 miles from the main island of Viti Levu.





I can picture myself waking up in our beachfront bure (pronounced boo-ray) to take a long walk down the secluded beach and then watch the day pass by. The food looks amazing; the drinks even better. How fast can we get 33,000 miles...and who wants to babysit?

No comments:

Post a Comment