12.31.2015

the night before the last night

On December 30, 2015 the Wheat family partied like it was the last day of the year. With Alex's work schedule, I'm used to him working or traveling on most major holidays. Even on the rare occasion when Alex is home on New Year's Eve, our celebrations have been pretty low-key since having children. When Alex isn't here, I usually find myself sitting alone on the sofa watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. And when he is home, then I have a companion to watch the ball drop with me.

This year I decided to mix things up a bit. I came up with the brilliant idea to host a New Year's Eve party in our house on December 30th. It was strictly a family affair, but I made everyone get dressed in their festive best and whipped up a fancy cheese board along with some other crowd-pleasing appetizers. There was champagne from Trader Joe's, Happy New Year tiaras and noisemakers (much to Alex's chagrin). We danced to the Taylor Swift station on I < Heart > Radio and waved sparklers around on the sidewalk in front of our house. Even though I greatly annoyed Catcher by making him put on shoes for the party, which he promptly removed and replaced with Scout's Hello Kitty slippers when we ventured outside, everyone agreed it was pretty much the best party ever. I think we'll do it again next year.













No comments:

Post a Comment