7.01.2015

room for five



This was my view from the bottom bunk of the room Alex and I shared with our three children at the beach last weekend. The bunk beds were twin-over-full, so there was room for two on the bottom. I opted to sneak into bed with Tillie instead of sleeping next to the big guy, however, for fear of rolling out onto the floor in the middle of the night.

Believe it or not, bed times were quiet (thank you sun and beach for wearing out the kids) and mornings were chill as the little ones woke up and tended to their summer reading. Group meals with the nine other families (for a grand total of 19 children) were a different story. Chaos ensued, but I have to admit I didn't mind it. Sixteen children other than your own running around screaming for juice or bouncing in baby chairs crying for milk took your mind off your own craziness. And then there was the beach to wear them out during the day so you could do it all again tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment