4.28.2014

porch party

Quick: can you spot the creepy plastic doll head in this photo?


I've been slacking on the blogging lately because my newfound passion of making vegan "treats" has been consuming my afternoons. These healthy snacks, if you will, that I've been making sometimes turn out tasty and sometimes blah. A lot of them taste the same, actually. I guess that's what you get when you use Medjool dates in everything. This evening after a batch of salted caramel cookies turned out to be a dud, I declared that I'm hanging up my vegan apron. Alex gave me a little pep talk; however, so maybe I'll get back into it. At least he and Scout will eat anything. Catcher gives me an honest review of my work, and Tillie just spits out what she doesn't like (which is anything that doesn't have chocolate).

None of that has anything to do with these pictures, I'm just setting the stage to let you know that I dug these out of the archives from a few weeks ago when Alex was re-arranging our back porch. The girls were hosting a tea party there, complete with stuffed animals and freaky dolls, when Catcher got home from school and got his lounge on. The good news is that the new arrangement on the porch is much more inviting and pleasing to the eye (and we found the perfect spot to hang the cow skull that Catcher found on his spring break trip to the farm). The bad news is that one chair was sacrificed during the re-arranging process when one of its wooden dowels snapped. The chair is still there for looks, but Alex and I aren't able to enjoy a romantic evening lounging under the string of Target lights...gazing into each other's eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment