7.30.2013

summer part one


I know summer isn't over. Returning to Austin today we were greeted with a 100-degree afternoon (who would expect anything less in late July?) but weather aside, leaving Milwaukee this morning felt like the chapter was closing on our "summer of fun," as I have affectionately referred to it over the past several weeks.

But I'm happy to be home. I'm happy that I left our house clean, and everything was in order when we walked through the front door. I laughed when Scout ran into her room and exclaimed, "I do share a room with Tillie!" Tillie, who really came into her own over the past five weeks, spent the afternoon stomping around the house with a bravado that wasn't there before. Everything was new to her, and she was ready to conquer it all. Catcher darted in and out of the rooms remembering things he thought he had forgotten, "Oh, yeah," he recalled, "I remember that these chairs were really soft." It's great to be home, and it's great that we were able to spend the first part of our summer away from the hot, hot, hot of Texas.

So now I'm gearing up for summer, part two, I suppose. Before we begin, here's a look back at summer, part one:





















No comments:

Post a Comment