7.19.2013

she's almost three

Scout, July 2012

Since before we left Texas in June, Scout has been chanting "She's almost, she's almost, she's almost three!" We laughed at first because we thought Scout was talking about herself, but it turns out she was really chanting for her cousin Finlay who turns three in August. Either way, the tune was catchy and we (by "we" I mean the adults) find ourselves saying it several times a week.

After cake and ice cream at the birthday pool party two days ago, Scout believed she had turned three in that moment. Before the party I asked her how old she was, and she said two; after the party: three. This morning, however, Catcher reminded her that tomorrow is her birthday so she asked me, "Mom...am I still two?" I know these things can be confusing. Here's a look at our girl who's almost three:















No comments:

Post a Comment