2.13.2013

hanging lanterns



The girls' room, which we generally refer to as "Scout's room" around here, is an ongoing project for me. I've already re-arranged it four or five times, and last week I tried sprucing things up with a little $18 project that now hangs over Scout's bed.

This is how the nine paper lanterns that I ordered from some online oriental trading company arrived at my house. I didn't expect them to come assembled, but I did expect them to come with some sort of archaic assembly instructions. They didn't; I had to figure out how to get the wire thing-y in there myself.

After a couple of miscues, I figured out which way the wire thing-y was supposed to go. My next bit of magic involved keeping Scout away from the lanterns for fears of little hands ripping the delicate paper.

I had to bring out the (big) step ladder to screw the hooks into the ceiling. You wouldn't believe--or probably, you would--how many times I moved around my "random" placement of lanterns.

This is how it finally ended up...

...and here is a view from lying down (looking up) in Scout's bed.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for a room! My daughter would love this! Ever since Tangled came out my daughter's been obsessed and I've been searching for cheap hanging glass lanterns ever since. Maybe I'll try these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are tons of cheap hanging glass lanterns in so many places. All you gotta do basically is to look around have to have some fun!

    ReplyDelete