2.26.2013

bueller? no, mueller


There's this Stepford Wife-like "community" in Austin called Mueller (pronounced Miller), which is great in concept but a little freaky in real life. Great because it was built on the otherwise neglected former airport site, but strange in that everything is fake...in a way. Fake ponds (where did they get the ducks?) fake trees (okay, not fake but young and small) and even a fake farmers' market on Sunday (okay, it was real, but pretty lame).

Ironically, I've found myself going back to Mueller every couple of months. Maybe I want to check in and see if any of the trees have matured yet. Actually, the truth is that sometimes it's nice to go to a place where I'm 90% positive I won't see anyone I know. This Sunday I was in that kind of mood, so the kids and I enjoyed a nice little picnic lunch--after a walk through the aforementioned fake farmers' market--and then fed our scraps to the ducks. Ah...the suburban life...


Scout takes a break from feeding the ducks to nibble one last bite of her sandwich before throwing the crust into the pond.

When Alex saw this picture he thought it looked like summer on the East coast. No...it's just winter in Texas.


No comments:

Post a Comment