2.11.2013

(and more) cake

Before the statute of limitations on Tillie's birthday celebration runs out, here's one last look at the delicious cake that was (along with some other birthday fun).

Getting ready for the oven.

The cake was a big deal. I wore my apron.

It took me eight years--I know that because that's how long I've been married--to use these measuring spoons, but the "pinch" came in handy since the frosting called for a pinch of baking powder and a pinch of citric acid.

This is the general, everyday purpose of our fancy cake stand...

...and this is the fancy cake stand with the fancy cake on top. In case you're wondering, the sides are not supposed to be iced. It's a rustic, bespoke kind of thing.

The birthday girl waiting for her piece of fancy cake.

After a chorus of happy birthday...

it was time to finally eat this three-day cake.

Delicious.

Birthday cake coma...

...for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment