4.17.2012

word of the day

Photo from Yummy Books Blog

sticky |ˈstikē|
adjective ( stickier , stickiest )
1 tending or designed to stick to things on contact or covered with something that sticks : her sticky bubblegum | sticky tape.
(of a substance) glutinous; viscous : the dough should be moist but not sticky.
(of prices, interest rates, or wages) slow to change or react to change.

Before you have children, you're warned about the sleepless nights and car seat installations and countless visits to the doctor's office, but what they forget to tell you about is the everyday. Today--and almost every day for that matter--my pet peeve is sticky hands. They are everywhere! One preschooler and one toddler living together under one roof create quite a sticky senario. Those two even manage to make things that shouldn't be sticky (like cheddar bunnies) sticky. I feel like I have a roll of paper towels (sorry...I know that's not green of me) and a bottle of Windex (the green kind) attached to my hip.

Today I wiped down the kids' table after Catcher's breakfast and then again after Scout ate. I wiped it down while Catcher was at school Scout mucked it up with her cheese stick. After her lunch (peanut butter and jelly) I wiped the table down again along with all the chairs (she plays musical chairs during mealtime), the coffee table, the mirror in my room, Tillie's baby swing and the chairs in our living room.  Scout gets around while she's eating. When Catcher got home from school and Scout was napping, he wanted a cheese stick. Guess what: wipe again. I was in the clear for a couple hours in the late afternoon before one final wipe down after dinner--chairs included.

Although I can be a bit of a clean freak, some days it's too much even for me. I'm not complaining; I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment