6.20.2015

hard knot life


Yesterday we witnessed the culmination of five hardworking days for children ages 4 - 7 as Scout and her camp-mates presented their version of the musical Annie's "Hard Knock Life" (or "Hard Knot Life," as Scout sang). Prior to the grand finale there was some improv dog stuff going on--hence the animal ears sliding down over Scout's eyes--that I couldn't quite follow, but the song itself was a hit.

Scout was on the front line during the "demonstration," and I could feel the stage mom inside of me bubbling up; dying to gesture along as the performers tossed their rags and swung their legs out in a mock kick. Probably the only thing stopping me was that I didn't actually know the moves. I'm kidding, of course, but maybe not actually or just a little.

Up next on the Wheat family's slow summer agenda? A long weekend trip to Port Aransas with 10 other families from our Sunday school class. That's a total of 20 adults and 19 kids (not including the babies...and there are quite a few babies). Holy moly.



No comments:

Post a Comment