9.09.2011

opening doors


Alex will kill me for this, but I just saw a great piece on elledecor.com about how stylish and intriguing door knobs can be--that's what I've always said! That's why I went scouring through the bins at Anthropologie to find the perfect "old" doorknobs when we moved into our house in Charlotte. I was slightly obsessed with finding the right knob for each door. Knobs that would effortlessly blend together yet not match one another. Knobs that could possibly have been original to the house. Knobs that were more form than function, which Alex painstakingly configured into our existing doors with 60 year-old hardware. The end result was a bit humorous. I wish I had counted the number of times I had to tell a guest in our house to be careful when closing the bathroom door because sometimes the knob would stick ("but don't worry--you can't get locked in"). Alex would give me a look and a slight roll of the eyes, but I got a lot of compliments on those knobs. And I'm not going to guarantee that I won't do the same thing if/when we ever find another house to call our own. Especially with these fabulous options (images from Elle Decor).





No comments:

Post a Comment