9.14.2011

basement trolling

When I lived in New York, I relied on dumpster diving a time or two to furnish my apartment. Now that I'm older and more sophisticated (haha) on occasion I go basement trolling at my mother-in-law's house in Milwaukee. In her basement is where I found the inspiration for one of my all-time favorite projects, the "cow chairs:"


We found them a little broken and a little water-damaged. The upholstery had seen its last day, but with a little imagination--or "vision" as I like to say--the chairs have weathered my decorating storm over the past six years.

Today my mother-in-law texted me these two pictures:


She's in the midst of de-cluttering and thought I might be interested in this little gem she came across in the aforementioned basement. I love it, and the fabric is fantastic! I'm sure I could find the perfect place for it in my distant future home. I hope it doesn't mind hanging out in a Milwaukee basement for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment