12.03.2014

it's a marshmallow world in the winter


And here you have another one of the Wheat family's favorite holiday traditions: gazing upon the fancy gingerbread creations at the fancy Four Seasons hotel in downtown Austin. There's merry music, free cookies and cider and--most importantly--free sparkling wine for the adults. Santa is there, too (and he's a really good Santa), but we didn't wait in line this year since we just saw another pretty good Santa a few days ago. The theme for this year's gingerbread houses was Candyland. Yep--just like the game. A pretty ingenious idea for a gingerbread wonderland, don't you think? I'm sorry my pictures didn't turn out better. I had to elbow my way through an enthusiastic crowd of young children while holding a glass of sparkling wine in my camera-free hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment