9.25.2015

look of the week



Yes, dear readers, I am still here (or there). The past two weeks have been busy as I adjust to my new working life as a part-time teacher and full-time mom. I used to think I would have all this free time on my hands when Scout started kindergarten and Tillie was in preschool. All that imagined "free time" has turned into planning for classes and grading papers (along with school drop-offs, PTA meetings, cooking dinners and doing the laundry and helping with homework and shuffling the kids between soccer and piano...and all those other chores busy moms like to remind you they are constantly juggling). Honestly, though, I don't know how full-time working moms manage this shuffle every day.

And then there's Sweet T. Miss Tillie has quite the personality, and that personality has been shining like a bright star this week. A bright star that came down to earth and scorched my ivory skin. She is a hot-headed little three--excuse me, three and a-half--year-old who insists on getting her way. Even when that means squealing at the top of her lungs and flailing her body about. I lost count of the temper tantrums as the ringing in my ears kept me dizzy all day, but I got a text message from her teacher saying "Tillie was great today!!!" at the exact moment the little lady was clinging to my body in hysterical tears because we were picking up her siblings from school. Maybe it's me. Needless to say, we're going through an adjustment period.

No comments:

Post a Comment