9.08.2011

uncovering ideas

It's funny what you come across when you're moving/unpacking/rifling through your closet for things to sell on eBay. Today I found these two books in a box stashed under my desk:
The sad thing is that I remember looking at these books on Amazon back when I had dreams of starting my own interior design business, but I don't remember actually purchasing the books. I'm sure it was right after Scout was born and I was in a haze of sleeplessness--nothing counts for the first 3-4 months after a baby is born because you'll never remember it anyway. But here they are, and I think finding them might be a sign that I should actually read them during my "time off." Even though my first client sort-of fired me, I can look back on it as a learning experience and take advantage of my time away from the 40-hour work week to pursue what I really love. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment