5.20.2011

pack rat


Remember my closet? I just wanted to remind you how small it is and how little room there is in it. Keep this picture in mind while you read the rest of this post. Pardon me while I back up for a second...


Alex and I have this fancy event to go to on Wednesday, and I needed to find shoes to wear. When I say "find," I don't mean that I had to go out shopping for a new pair. I mean that I had to send Alex up to the attic in search of a box that may or may not contain the one pair of shoes that I want to wear. So Alex disappeared for a few minutes and came back down with the box pictured above.


Inside I found some old friends that I haven't seen in quite a while. Hello little silver, "Dancing with the Stars" shoes. I remember I wore you to a wedding in 2008, and I haven't seen you since. (These weren't the shoes I was looking for, by the way, but it was nice to welcome them back to the main level). Wait. Where was I? It's very easy to get sidetracked when you come across shoes that you miss that you didn't know you were missing (or not missing, phew!).


While I was digging through the attic box, I decided it would be a good time to go ahead and clear my closet floor and swap out the shoes I've been wearing for the past six months for some that I haven't seen in a while. Kind of like rotating your tires or a mattress or something. Pictured above is what I had strategically stacked on my closet floor.


Psyche! This is what I really had on the floor of that tiny closet--all of it! So in the middle of yet another manic cleaning spree, I put half of this--including my beloved purple shoes that I wear at least once a week--up in the attic and only kept three extra pairs of shoes from the box that Alex had brought down. The shoes I wanted for the event on Wednesday were in that box, but seeing the little silver guys reminded me of a pair of navy shoes...and some electric blue shoes...and some pink pumps (do I still have those?) that are all up in the attic somewhere. Looking through the box was kind of like Christmas, but more of a depressing Christmas where you unwrap all your presents and then have to give them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment