12.05.2012

ka-bang!

This morning when I woke up it was just one of those mornings. The kind of morning where you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and know that you cannot live another day with your hair. I've had those days in the past and ended up with bad hair days turned into bad hair months, but I was willing to take the risk as I picked up the phone and dialed Bird's Barbershop. This is the hairstyle that I've been walking around with the past few weeks:


After a DIY ombre hair job that turned out more Florida trailerpark than Hollywood boulevard, I couldn't stand looking at myself. I was tempted to go Pat Benatar on those locks. Love is a battlefield. 


Bird's knows how to keep their customers coming back: free beer. It could have been a dangerous thing considering my mindset when I walked into the place, but my stylist kept me reigned in and figured out what I needed. Without a touch of color to my hair she managed to get rid of the trashy brassy and found a style that will work with my everyday--i.e. non-blow drying--life.


In the end it turns out that I was channeling a different female rock icon: Joan Jett. I do love rock 'n roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment