1.03.2011

found object


I've had this lamp since college. It's probably the only thing left that I own from my college days--except a few books from my history classes--and I can still remember the day I went to Lowe's (that's right!) and picked it out with my stepfather on the eve of moving into my first off-campus apartment. Fast forward 15-ish years, and here sits the lamp. The lamp that survived three years of college, six years and six different apartments in New York City, a long (very long) U-Haul ride to Charlotte, a year in a box, two years sitting on the floor in our "guest" quarters and two years in Catcher's room. This lamp has seen a lot, so I figured what object was better prepared to come in and light up our living room in a time of crisis. Okay, so it's not really a crisis, but I did decide it was better to use something I already had than go out and spend money on something I don't really need or want right now (see Alex, I can be frugal!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment